The Answers To Literally All of Your Coronavirus-related Dating Questions - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, March 21, 2020

The Answers To Literally All of Your Coronavirus-related Dating Questions

So I've seen a ton of variations of this question and regardless of the specifics the answer is the same.

"I recently matched up with this guy/girl from Tinder and we had a date planned before the coronavirus thing happened. We still want to go out but I/she is worried/uncomfortable/reluctant to meet up in a public place for fear of catching it."

While this story seems to be the most common, some of the variations on this that I've seen are:

- We've been together for awhile and miss each other

- I'm worried that if I don't act now that he/she won't be interested in me when this thing is over

- I'm horny and I don't want to go for any period of time without getting laid.

- Since we are young and it only seems to be really dangerous for older people couldn't we...

- But I'm so lonely...

- My bf/gf has been going out and partying and wants to come back to my place afterwards.

- My dating plans got screwed up by this virus so I'm thinking about reconnecting with my ex.

- My particular country/state is in complete lockdown but I'm thinking about pretending to go out for groceries and meeting up with this girl/guy...

- I'm worried that my relationship won't survive being isolated from him/her for however long...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now we can get to the singularly true answer:

You don't need to date/meet up/ be together now.

You don't need to pressure someone into meeting you or be pressured into meeting.

Your relationship may or may not survive this unusual situation, but if it doesn't that may tell you something about the quality and depth of the connection you thought you had.

You can use video chats and phone calls to stay emotionally connected and not feel so alone.

Your naughty parts will still work once this has passed and you can take care of your own business in the meantime.

You have been lonely before and you will be lonely again in all likelihood. It's no excuse to put yourself and others at risk.

You can tell your careless partner that their behavior is too risky and that they aren't welcome back with you if they choose to ignore safety precautions.

You broke up with your ex for a reason. This reason hasn't changed just because of a pandemic.

You don't need to break the law and violate quarantine/lockdown for a possibility with a stranger.

--

This is the real question you should be asking yourself when you decide whether or not you need to be out dating right now.

Is your social/sexual/personal need to date more important than someone else's life?

It almost sounds ridiculous to put it in those words but it's very much a possibility that you could contract this virus every time you go out. While you may be in the best of health, it doesn't mean that you won't get it and (during an asymptomatic 2 week gestation period) unknowingly spread it to people who may be at real risk.... or even those that are taking care of people who are at real risk.

Not everyone's risks are the same but there are far too many people without health insurance who would be put into horrible debt by catching this and having to be hospitalized.

And of course the worst case scenario where someone could die.

You just don't need to take this risk and force others to be put at risk. It's incredibly selfish to do so.

It sucks. We all feel it. It will pass though. If everyone stays prepared and informed we can slow this thing down and eventually beat it.

Step 1 though is keeping it from spreading.

Do your part.

Stay home.

submitted by /u/Acornwow
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3ac9XDh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages