I have found based on the last few dates I've been on, that despite the fact that I can generally hold a conversation well, I have a lot of trouble when it comes to initiating anything physical, flirting, etc. I think a lot of this is due to the fact that I have a very hard time reading people plus the anxiety of whether that advance will be rejected.
My issue is that being a guy, it's often expected that I initiate and I'm not exactly sure how to learn this skill. I think this is read as a lack of self-confidence (which it partially is), but part of it is that I don't pick up on the cues very well and I'm inexperienced at dating in general.
I just wonder how this can be learned, especially when one has social anxiety and has never really every initiated anything in the past.
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3fc7WvO
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment