Shot my shot with my best friend of 4 years. - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, February 1, 2019

Shot my shot with my best friend of 4 years.

A little context: She has been dating the same guy for 7 1/2 years, lost her virginity to him, and has stuck around a very toxic relationship until they finally officially and terminally ended their relationship.

I used to live with her our freshman year of college. For years, I just ignored my feelings because I knew she was with someone, even if she wasn’t happy. I stayed in the friend zone by my own will, never trying to over step my boundaries. But I’ve always had this feeling she felt the same for me.. with just a hint of sexual tension.

We went to a concert together, and I finally laid it all out. Told her everything I feel, and also told her I don’t expect anything back since they are recently done and I don’t want to push her into anything.

But y’all, she said she’s felt the same for years about me. We already spent almost every day together, but now it’s different in an amazing way. It’s still kinda weird, transitioning from best friend into whatever this is between us. But I am so incredibly happy this massive weight has been lifted off me!!

She cooked for me last night, making her favorite recipe of soup from scratch and we just spent the rest of the night talking about the past and feelings and desires... it was incredible.

I know this doesn’t work for everyone, and it often doesn’t go according to plan. But have faith my friends. Sometimes your best friend is meant to be with you. Stay strong and persevere.

Edit: I waited 6 months to say anything y’all chill

Edit 2: Shooters shoot

submitted by /u/assblaster68
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2DNgRB8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages