How to keep the spark alive during quarantine? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, May 10, 2020

How to keep the spark alive during quarantine?

Me (24F) and he (30M) had what I thought was some good chemistry going in the month of February. We work at the same place but in different divisions. I had just started to notice him after coming out of a disappointing breakup. He wanted to go do this activity that I’m quite good at, so we did that and got some casual food after—not a date, necessarily, but a good start and fun.

Then quarantine hits. We’re quarantined quite a ways apart. Neither of us are frequent texters: I feel awkward texting, and he also seems a bit nerdy/awkward. I texted him once to see how things were going and we had a nice, short text exchange. I had to leave and I told him to stay in touch, which he hasn’t. That was a little over a month ago.

This is perpetually a problem for me: guys don’t move off of my terrible, non-existent hints (which truthfully I wouldn’t expect anyone to. Trying my best guys, sorry) and then if I try to be more assertive, I feel like I’m the crazy girl that’s smothering him. I generally cave in and avoid embarrassment, which is never rewarding and I’m trying to act more confidently.

The quarantine thing adds a whole new barrier though. I do like this guy so far, and we were moving in a promising direction generally. I don’t want to get forgotten about, but I chicken out when I think of texting again.

Long story short, does anyone have advice on keeping the spark alive while quarantined? I’ve seen a lot of people mention zoom dates with people they’ve already been seeing, but how can those of us just starting out keep the flirt alive?

submitted by /u/VodkaShark
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2LjpDdm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages