I've been dating online for years I (32m) finally met this amazing, sweet and smart girl (28f) we've been seeing each other since Mid March and I feel like its been great.
She's an awesome person, the type you wanna work things out with because its so hard to find someone so full of life especially with online dating at least in my experience.
Things where going really well, I even met some of her family. Last weekend we went on our first trip together away from the city and I felt had an amazing time, we had wine a hot tub and made the best out of the lockdown (we are located in Canada so we are still locked down... I know frustrating) where we talked about how important we are to each other and it made me feel so nice to have someone I saw a future with.
So this week after I asked her if I could share a pic of us together for the first time on Social she said yes and even wanted to be tagged which I did. That night I noticed that the pic of us was hidden on her profile... it obviously broke my heart.... I texted her asking why and she just said she wasn't "ready" for the world to know just yet and I was ok with it because I'm in no rush, I suggested we talk about it Friday when we planned to watch a scary movie and get her fav sushi.
After this though I felt something was up.... the short of it is she came over and told me we should end things.... I'm so heart broken because it feels like it came out of no where.... We haven't had chances to go out and do so many things together people get to do... we talked about doing the drive in theatre, bars and patios, the beach so many things I wanted to do with her....
Her reason was that our personalities don't fit!! 2 months in and she figured this out in a few days??? I feel its a bit of my fault I wasn't super positive after the first month because I have some anxiety issues and when she was over I had a hard time being super upbeat with a few things going on in my life... she so positive and happy and I think she might think I'm just not a upbeat person but I really am I just wish I had realized what I was losing and I wish she had let me know something was bothering her because I would've tried harder or idk show her my true self more often... My issue is I don't know how to tell her these things without annoying her... I tried to text her something about why I feel she is feeling this way but she asked me to leave it alone and move on.....
I'm just so lost and torn.... losing out on her after thinking I've found something special has me devastated. IDK how to move on or how to convey my feelings to her and its probably to late... the idea of staring online dating again to just go through this again terrifies me... I don't know what advice I'm looking for but I feel so lost.. it was only 2 months but had so much promise I've never been this devastated from an end of a relationship before....
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3ihk4xG
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment