Boyfriend has confidence issues regarding his race - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, June 12, 2020

Boyfriend has confidence issues regarding his race

I'm white (17F) and my boyfriend (18m) is child of Mexican immigrants. I really care for him and hate when he's critical of himself. One thing that he's especially critical of himself over is his skin color, being that he's darker skinned than some of his family because he works outside. When he talks about how much he hates his race and his skin color, I don't really know how to handle it properly because it's not a feeling I've ever experienced (as I'm white). He calls himself ugly, burnt, and black. I try to assure him that I find him beautiful; that I think his skin is beautiful and that he should be proud of it.

I feel like I'm handling it wrong or that there's something better I could be saying.

submitted by /u/plasticbuttons04
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2YtXWEJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages