“I only see you as a friend” by every guy I’ve ever tried to date-what do I do? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

“I only see you as a friend” by every guy I’ve ever tried to date-what do I do?

I’m nearly 30F and haven’t been in a relationship that was more than 3 total dates in like a decade. One thing I’ve been getting absolutely constantly is the “oh I don’t see us together but we can be friends”. I wish these men would elaborate. I know they don’t want to be my friend. Often they’ll even say, “oh you’re so cool/funny/smart etc” but notably, apparently, unfuckable.

I am probably 6/10 on a good day and I don’t date out of my league. I often swipe left on men because they’re too attractive. But I do want to be attracted to the person I’d like to date. So I promise I am trying to be very realistic and “looks match”. Unfortunately I still get “I just want to be friends” by date 3. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I had adhd and sometimes dive into fun facts or whatever so maybe they just find me annoying? Like I went to a botanical garden and told the guy I was with how caterpillars turn into soup in their cocoons but somehow still maintain memories. But I felt the guy reciprocated and we ended up having a conversation about the plot of the original Dracula book after?

…yes ofc I got the “wow you’re like so smart…buuuut we should “just be friends”” text after. Am I supposed to just be batting my eyelashes during dates and finding out the most seductive way to sip from a straw? Giggle at the guys jokes and just shut the hell up? I’m so frustrated.

TL;DR: “cool” and “funny” but never fuckable—what do I do to fix this

submitted by /u/fishunfan
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/k3zdmMZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages