Hey everyone, I’m looking for some outside perspective on a situation that unfolded today because my mind is racing. I met a girl on Hinge and we ended up spending two full days together. Here is the timeline of what happened and where things stand now. Day 1: We met up, went to the beach, went to a party together, and spent the night. During our time together, I even tattooed a small butterfly on her. The connection felt amazingly strong, warm, and comfortable right from the start. Day 2: Things took a bad turn. She mentioned she was feeling anxious and asked me to put my phone away. I made the major mistake of continuing to check it, even while we were watching a movie, which made her feel unheard, disrespected, and disconnected. Also, because I felt so comfortable around her right away, I kept teasing and making lighthearted jokes, but it landed wrong and hurt her feelings. It ended with her asking me to leave her place. We both ended up crying together before I said goodbye and left. Aftermath: After leaving, I sent her a detailed message taking full responsibility for ignoring her boundaries, apologizing for the phone distractions and jokes, letting her know how special those two days (and tattooing her) meant to me, and reassuring her that I completely respect her need for space. I am stepping back completely now. My question is: Given that this was a 2-day date from a Hinge match that ended so emotionally, did I handle the follow-up text and exit the right way? Is there anything else I should do, or is the only right move to stay completely silent and let her reach out if/when she's ready?
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/p8fQaAt
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment