I’m pretty open about my story about my cheating drunk 21 year old ex fiancé. He and I broke up. I started thinking about the early stages of the relationship and something occurred to me...he didn’t want me the whole time.
We would have plans to hangout and he would miraculously an hour before hangout time would “have an assignment due the next day” or “have work and I forgot.”
I look back and he was clearly blowing me off. My gut was telling me he was blowing me off and I ignored it. I rationalized it. “Oh he’s busy!” However, I also worked part time and went to school full time just like he did and I always had time for him. He was lukewarm about me and I was “hell yes” about him. I would’ve saved myself a lot of trouble had I realized this sooner.
Although, I learned my lesson from my ex fiancé. I was talking to a guy in July who had a date with me but got “sick” and then posted on his Snapchat story he was at a bar later that day. I deleted him from everything instantly. His actions told me that he didn’t want me around. He doesn’t get to do that twice.
Same thing when someone says they want to stop talking/seeing you after a few dates. I read stories on here of people arguing with the person breaking it off and it’s frustrating. (Also concerning) I understand it’s hard to process, and rejection is never fun, but don’t make yourself look bad by arguing. My thought is always, “they know what’s best for them and it’s not me. They’re probably not what ‘s best for me either.” When you argue with someone trying to discontinue the relationship you’re giving them an opportunity to tell you they don’t want you TWICE. I wish them the best and go on my way. Handle it with grace.
I’m gonna advise you go with your intuition. If someone wants you around they make room to include you in their life. You’ll KNOW when you’re wanted and you deserve to be wanted.
Mixed signals is a “hell no” and you’re being told you’re not wanted by them. Don’t keep that behavior around and allow them to keep showing you.
Life is short and you deserve a “hell yes.” Don’t waste you’re time chasing a “hell no.” Don’t let them tell you they don’t want you twice.
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2ZeSV4f
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment