May be a somewhat long post, but I think more context is needed for me to truly get advice on this. It's a unique situation.
So, I met this girl a bit before I moved to a new city last year and we went on a really wonderful date a few days after I moved in. It had all the signs of a good date and we had a strong connection: tons of eye contact, light touching between us both, we were both laughing the whole time, etc. Towards the end she had to leave early to check on a friend who got in an accident and called her during the date. She was extremely bummed about having to leave early. On the way back to our cars, she grabbed my hand and told me how much she didn't want to leave and that she was about to give up on dating til she met me. It was really sweet.
When we got to our cars, she went in for the kiss. She was really not good at it in a cute sorta way and we were both laughing a bit during it. She then said it was her first ever kiss which shocked me and I said "really? never?" and she said "I never met anyone I liked enough to do it with before". It was like something out of a movie. We agreed to meet again a few days later.
However the day before, she messaged me saying since she was so new to dating she wasn't ready to pursue a relationship yet but wanted to stay friends with me because she loved spending time with me. I was really upset but agreed and we've been good friends since. I started seeing other people and had a girlfriend for a time, but during all that, I've always thought of that romantic spark we had in the back of my mind and think about her all the time.
We hadn't been able to see each other in person since then because of covid and her having a crazy work schedule for a while, but we talk pretty frequently on text, one little message a day at the very least. This month that finally calmed down and we got to catch up in person finally.
We got lunch and after chatting for a bit about other stuff, she randomly asked me "so are you seeing anyone?". I have been seeing another girl for a bit that I'm not sure I'm into or not, so I talked to her about it. I may have misheard her, but I'm pretty sure she said "that's good to know" when I replied "I'm kinda seeing someone but I don't know if I'm really into them or not" which confused the hell out of me. I asked her the same question and she said "noooo, I'm not. I kinda like this one guy, but he's kinda off limits". We talked a bit more in depth about dating and meeting people and such after that before heading out and going back to work. She then asked me to come hang with her and her roommates one of these days when her schedule calms down a bit again.
I don't really know what to make of this. It's one of those situations where I just want her in my life no matter what, either as a friend or partner, but I cannot deny the romantic feelings I have for her. I don't know if she was hinting at me that she still liked me or just making conversation.
Thanks for reading all this if you made it this far.
TLDR: Girl I went on a date with and even kissed about a year ago wasn't ready and wanted to be friends, finally met with her IRL after covid calming down, and she asked if I had a girlfriend; not sure if she was hinting at something or what I should do.
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3pkWEsC
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment