I (27M) went on a date with a woman (30F) recently.
It wasn’t a terrible date and she was nice and all, but I was a little off put by this.
For the majority of our date, she repeatedly brought up her job, how she has multiple degrees, and she has her own place and her own car. She said this as if it was some type of selling point to me.
But the whole time I kept thinking…congrats? You’re an adult in your 30s, I would hope you are able to survive on your own.
And no, I wasn’t put off because I’m “intimidated by an independent woman”, it’s more that I don’t date women for their careers and ability to provide, and it’s awkward when she kept trying to sell me on that. I have a job for a reason.
And no, I’m not trying to diminish her achievements. College is difficult and expensive. Moving up the corporate ladder is draining. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be proud of your achievements, but at the end of the day men don’t date women for their achievements.
What do you guys think?
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3owyImc
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment