Attached below is the link to my previous post
I felt it would be quite respectful to give an update on the position I am in as across the multiple subreddits I received in my eyes an astonishing amount of replies and key advice for my position. It’s been 3 weeks since the post and I’ll openly admit I sat slobbering around doing fuck all for a week and feeling sorry for myself before deciding to actually do something.
The first and most important piece of advice I received was ‘being happy with myself’.
I generally don’t think I was happy with myself at all and I was just hiding it completely under a big cover. To the extent where around my friends I was falsely acting happy in person, over message and gaming etc., but the second I wasn’t with them I felt a major extent of loneliness.
To conquer this problem, I’ve decided to fulfil it with challenges that will benefit my future and keep me occupied in the near time….
I had a pretty solid gym regime before the COVID-19 outbreak and with this being taken away from me it’s kind of isolated most of my days which I had no control of due it being shut. I’ve managed to gradually get back to a fit state through the past couple of weeks, while the inclusion of dieting has helped massively with boosting my confidence and my overall appearance.
I’ve decided to pay for a course which will benefit my future through the similarity and association to my MSc course I will be starting in the next couple of weeks. This course was one I was looking at for the last couple of months and held of, so I decided ‘Fuck it I’ll do it’, spent a week doing it in my spare time and it was honestly amazing. While I also managed to get the grade, I wanted which was fantastic. (P.S It was a quite pricey course, that’s why I shit out of buying it multiple times)
Driving lessons… When I was 18, I got gifted a driving lessons and I shit myself on the day after completing one, the fear just ate me up and I’ve been postponing them for a while now. So, I’ve decided to get it over and done with now and I’m current 3 lessons in and honestly it’s not as bad as I thought. This has held me back quite a bit as obviously I’ve been getting a lot of lifts from friends and family etc, so I’m happy that will be in a position soon to be driving myself.
All of this with the inclusion of just little actions such as new hair style, going out with friends a lot more and looking forward to getting back learning in university have helped my confidence massively.
Finally, the main problem I had was with females as shown from the previous post…
I decided it would be for the best if I was too leave it a little longer before I actually feel comfortable to make an approach. I could comfortably say now I’d be able to message a girl however, I just want to be 99.9% ready. I have made a step in following the girl on ‘Instagram’ while she followed me back also, but I’m just going to leave it at that now.
I do understand the risk of me just not making a move as some people don’t wait around, but I think focusing on myself massively should be put first at the moment.
I can now say it’s only been two weeks since my first steps and am 10x happier than I was the night of constructing the original piece as I can remember being in a horrible place at the time… While now am sat chilling out listening to The Weeknd.
(P.S I’ll be massively amazed if anyone reads this post because to me it just looks like a lot of waffle, but from the bottom of my heart thank you.)
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/33sf7sW
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment