I need advice - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, October 5, 2024

I need advice

I’m 23 and just started going out with my boyfriend (27) in February. He is also my first boyfriend. In the first three, maybe four months I gave him 3 notes and a letter expressing my emotions because I get emotional when I talk about my feelings. Then in July I got him an expensive gift and he had a very negative reaction he almost looked disappointed even though I knew he really wanted the gift. I tried giving him a note I had written for him. Very short. On a sticky note. And he told me to just “keep it for myself”. Later on before our 6 month anniversary he texted me saying that he seemed like everything was too much and too fast. So I backed off and we had agreed to have a date for our six months. Well he got me gifts and I didn’t. I ended up getting him a smoking set for drinks and a box of chocolates. A month later I text him and tell him that I don’t feel love from him. He had stopped saying I love you and he says he just doesn’t really like saying he he likes to show it. So I said okay. His birthday was last week and mine was the week before his. He got me two seats of earrings with matching necklace. I got him an authentic jersey from his favorite hockey player, led lights for his car, a little box that says “kisses for when I’m not around” with chocolate kisses inside, a stuffed animal (an otter because of the pun that he is otterly amazing), and two gift cards in handmade envelopes. One reads open when you need a pick me up with a Starbucks gift card and another one that says open when your having a bad day and wish life was a piece of cake with a gift card to Cheesecake Factory. I made another one that says open when you feel like the world is against you with a letter inside. When I gave him his present he immediately started to say that it was too much. That I was trying too hard and told me to return the jersey. And that “it was a lot of writing”. Since then I’ve been feeling like I’m being taken for granted. I know it’s probably my fault for trying too hard but I just wish I felt more appreciated. I don’t know what to do about this

submitted by /u/PossessionBright6758
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/FwNS9AK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages