I got ‘noped’ on the first date - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

I got ‘noped’ on the first date

Ok, so this happened about a month ago and is still bothering me. I’ve decided to share it because I’m wondering if anybody else had experienced this and if, how can you get over it with your self-confidence intact. So here goes;

I met this guy on a dating app and initially I was never that into him, but he seemed like a decent guy and we kept the conversation going. He texted every day throughout the day and he seemed nice and was very eager to meet me so I said yes - because sometimes people can surprise you and maybe I could really like the guy after all.

We set a time and place and all through the day we texted, right up until he sent a picture that he was on his way. He worked nearby and still managed to be 20 minutes late.

Then, about 5 mins after his last text that he was almost there, I just got the text «Nope». I then replied «Nope?» and got no reply. I’m standing there wondering for a minute, ‘did he send it by mistake?’ But then he deleted and blocked me on every social media.

And it dawned on me. And I couldn’t do anything else but laugh. I went home.

I have later realized this might have affected me more than I thought, and my self-confidence has really taken a hit. I can’t shake the fear of this happening again and I’m trying to brush it off but I’m finding it really hard.

I mean, If I met someone who didn’t meet my expectations I would still meet them and have a nice conversation. Who knows, the person might surprise me.

submitted by /u/AggravatedPlant
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2CPOYZ7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages