So last year when I started my freshman year of college, I met this guy (who's now the friend I'm talking about) during the Fall semester. I don't know what it was, but I had a good feeling about him from the first time I talked with him. And as someone who's more introverted, I rarely have that happen to me from the first meeting.
He's a bit on the shy side too, so sometimes communication was a little awkward, but whenever we did talk, we had some great conversations. He's such a positive person, a great listener, and he has a heart of gold.
Over the course of the Fall, I feel like we got quite a bit closer. I ended up developing a crush on him (if that isn't obvious by now), and one night after we got done with the class we had together, I asked him if he wanted to grab some dinner in the dining hall with me. We had a great talk, and I ended up telling him things about myself after knowing him for just a month or so, that usually takes me several months to tell other people I'm close to. He also told me a good deal about himself and his story, too.
We ended up exchanging phone numbers that night, and the next day he texted and asked if I wanted to hang out, and we also had a great talk that day too.
The semester ended, and we didn't really talk over Winter break. When the Spring semester started, I texted him to say hey (and also was considering asking him out by then), and that ended up being the discussion where he told me he was transferring to another college.
We essentially live on opposite sides of the state, so there's a considerable amount of physical distance between us (hence the "long-distance" part). In the months since he transferred, I haven't really stopped thinking about him, and I'm pretty sure I still like him just as much as when he was still here. We still keep in touch over text, and we've had some pretty good conversations that way too. I got busy during the summer and didn't get a chance to talk to him for awhile (and I think I was still trying to process him having to leave), but when I got back in touch with him a few weeks ago, he told me how he missed me, and asked me a bunch of questions about how I was and how school's going, etc.
So I guess my question is: should I tell him about how I feel? I think my main concern is that I'm not 100% sure if he reciprocated my feelings. I know when I was telling some friends about the situation, they mentioned that him wanting to hang out the day after we exchanged numbers was a good sign. And I just feel like our conversations flowed so freely and it almost felt like we connected so quickly. And even after not talking for a month or two, we picked up again so easily, and he wasn't upset with me for not keeping in touch as much as I should have.
I don't want to make things awkward, but I would almost say he's the closest I've come to being in love. Or, out of all the people I've ever liked romantically, I think he's the most I've ever liked someone. If I tell him how I feel and he doesn't feel the same, it's not like I'll have to see him everyday, so there's that. But we also have a good friendship going, and jeopardizing that isn't my favorite idea in the world.
tl;dr: I got close with this guy from college who ended up having to transfer. He's a long-distance friend and he's probably the most I've ever liked someone in my life.Had some signs he may have liked me back. Trying to decide if I should tell him how I feel or if that's a bad idea.
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2RlaZTU
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment