Here’s something that maybe any other women who have struggled with insecurity and comparing themselves to others might be able to help me out with.
When I first started seeing my now boyfriend, I accidentally wound up meeting a girl he had slept with. He had slept with her around the same time he started seeing me. We were casual at the time so it wasn’t a big deal, but I struggle with insecurity and I compare myself to other women sometimes (something I’m really trying to work on) so even though she was very nice, it really took a toll on my self esteem to meet her.
It’s been a few months since they hooked up, they only ever did so once (it was a one night stand), she’s in another relationship and he and I are very happy together.
But I was invited to a party that she is going to be at. I just know that hanging out with her might be hard because I’ll start to feel insecure and compare myself. I know I shouldn’t feel this way considering he’s with me and not her, but it’s hard to fight those feelings. And it might be awkward/uncomfortable
So, do I skip the party and avoid feeling lousy around her? Or do I suck it up and go to the party and try to learn how to be more confident around her?
What’s your advice? As someone working on her self esteem, what’s the best move for me here? And any tips for boosting my self esteem from anyone whose struggled with similar feelings? Thanks!
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2weal1G
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment