I(26f) am going on a date with my former lecturer (38f) tomorrow. Wish us luck! - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

I(26f) am going on a date with my former lecturer (38f) tomorrow. Wish us luck!

Long story short - I (26f) am having my first date tomorrow with this amazing woman (38f). We have known each other now for about two and a half years. The circumstances under which we met are quite taboo - she was my lecturer at university for my final few months. She also graded my thesis. But nothing happened while I was under her instruction.

​

I graduated 18 months ago and we have since developed a close friendship (but nothing sexual). After I graduated I got in touch with her about some career related stuff - we ended up grabbing coffee then gradually hanging out more and more frequently. It became obvious there was a connection there, and eventually, after being good friends for several months, I worked up the courage to ask her out (I did it on a phone call because I was too nervous to look her in the eye...) but she said yes, and said she wanted to ask me out too, but was scared because she is still a lecturer and was worried it would somehow get her in trouble. We've since spoken about the whole lecturer/student thing and decided it doesn't actually matter - we are both consenting adults and I graduated quite a while ago. She is 12 years older than me - I know that's also a bit taboo - but I don't care. She's the most awesome person and we really have a spark that's quite indescribable. We are both female and both bisexual. At first I thought she might be straight, but she's not! Hooray!

​

So tomorrow I'm cooking dinner and we're having some wine and watching a movie under a blanket at my place. Since we're already close friends it doesn't feel weird having our first date in the house - in fact, it feels more natural than going out for dinner. I'm nervous, because I haven't liked someone this much in a very long time. But wish me luck!

submitted by /u/throwawaaaaay_1
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2w9VDc7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages