Friendship or attraction? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Friendship or attraction?

This probably gets asked a few dozen times each day, but - how can you tell if someone's attracted to you? Or rather: how can I tell if he's attracted to me?
There's this guy I used to hang out with before our current pandemic, James. We met at a Linux convention (and yes, I'm a girl). We became friends very fast and went on weekly coffee "dates", though of course we both insisted they weren't dates. I had a boyfriend then, and even though James flirted with me very casually, it was always playful and non-serious. We were having fun and my boyfriend at the time liked him too, so we often hung out together as well.

After my boyfriend broke up with me, I had a lot more free time and not many friends, so I did end up spending more time with James. It wasn't until then that I started to notice his attention more. He's always reassured me that he doesn't want to date me and just wants a friend, but if I'm honest with myself - that was maybe just for my peace of mind, and I actually have no idea how he really feels about me.

We haven't seen each other in a while, and tonight he's been blowing up my phone with silly memes, trying to cheer me up, because he knew I've been a bit depressed lately. He's been sending me lots of hearts and kisses and I really don't know what to do. Do I tell him that I'm into him?

I have a history of mistaking friendliness for attraction, and James is very flirty and attentive with everyone around him. I'm scared of making a fool of myself here. Should I just carefully test the waters? How?

submitted by /u/_szaba_
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3c1VhZh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages