Uh hi. I just opened my Reddit account. I hope you'll read the entirety of the post, for I need some advice on dating. Or at least, I suppose I do. I'm a 21 y/o male, currently grinding through undergrad. I like video games, sports and music (can play the drums too!)
In my twenty one years of living, I have been a total sucker in the dating scene. I didn't expect things to be this dry lmao. Not only have I never been in a relationship, I have this constant feeling that women don't want to interact with me. You could say, they're repelled, to some extent. The majority of my peers are either in relationships themselves, or are voluntarily out of it after a bad breakup or sth like that. This leads to a constant feeling of missing out.
This keeps on bugging me over and over again. Whenever I try to open up to my friends about this, I'm usually answered "oh, but you're awesome in your own way", and "relationships suck bro", and cliched shallow stuff of the sort. It's not like I can't make friends, or can't be comfortable around people: I'm really good at making friends and am a very sociable person. It's just that, I've never been looked at romantically by anybody. I do not know what it feels like to be "liked" liked by someone. I have tried to ask people out, but in all cases it has ended with the other person saying how she doesn't see me that way, or that I'm a very good friend. I fear that I'll keep on being a twad like this and miss out on the experience of being in a relationship totally.
Here's where I ask for advice. I feel like giving up on this totally. Online dating is the only option that I haven't tried. Is anybody here going through the same bad feeling of being totally alienated from non Platonic relationships? What would you have to say for me to cope with this negative feeling?
Hope you're having a good day.
[link] [comments]
from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/34MSbVF
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment