I told a guy I was down to go out with him a second time, but I’ve now changed my mind. How do I tell him? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, January 6, 2019

I told a guy I was down to go out with him a second time, but I’ve now changed my mind. How do I tell him?

I (24F) have been on one date with a guy (24M) who I met on a dating app. We went for a drink, and then he invited me back to his place, and I accepted. He seemed cool enough and I was having a pretty good time. At his place, we hung out for a little while and then made out, but I told him I had to leave because it was getting late (and also because I didn’t want to sleep with him on the first date.) As I left, I told him that I was going out of town for about a month, but that I was down to see him when I got back, and I meant it.

Now, it’s been a few weeks, and I’ll be back in town soon, but after reflecting a little, I don’t think I want to see him again. In retrospect, he seemed a little insincere, like he was mostly just trying to get me into bed. For example, it hadn’t felt like he was listening to me that closely when I spoke. He forgot a few things I’d told him about myself early in the evening, later asking the same questions a second time. He also showered me with compliments, which at the time was nice, if somewhat gratuitous, but felt kind of disingenuous in retrospect.

How do I tell him I’m not actually down to go out again, even though I already told him I would?

submitted by /u/sheriffsal
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2C1sHFJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages