How normal is it for men to lie about their sex life? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

How normal is it for men to lie about their sex life?

I know this post might make me sound naive or foolish, so please keep an open mind. My ex (35M) lied about the number of women he slept with. I always ask about my partner's sex lives before things get serious so that I have an idea of how they are towards women, and relationships. If they are the type that buckles down, or sleeps around. I am relationship oriented, and seek out partners who are the same.

Originally, my ex couldn't remember how many women he had slept with, claiming 25-30. When I asked how long it had been before me, he said about 5 months, and she was some bar fly from a liquor store (his words). This disturbed me a lot since it's just not me, to have one-night stands and sleep with people I barely know. Fast-forward to over a year later, after we had broken up and I was trying to date others, he suddenly confesses that none of it was true. That he made it all up because he was insecure and has been lying about it for years to others as well.

This has screwed with my head. We argued and talked and went over it for over a year, how I was uncomfortable with the fact that he couldn't remember them all and would get defensive about it. Even though we are no longer dating, I still can't comprehend it and feel like I need some kind of closure or understanding about it all. I still have so many questions that I feel will never be answered. I am afraid of dating again, feeling like I'll be lied to and unable to trust.

Is it fairy normal for men to lie about their sex life? Even when the lie is creating more issues? I'm sure he could still be lying, but just hoping for some clarity so that I can walk into future relationships with a bit more knowledge, and hopefully trust.

submitted by /u/pab0lvrr
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2SspO7P
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages