How do you slow things down? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, January 3, 2019

How do you slow things down?

So basically in previous relationships, the person would text me everyday, dates would be within a week of eachother, and within a month or two of meeting we'd be a thing. I spent a lot of time analyzing what went wrong in previous relationships, and I realize that I kind of jumped into things. Like I had talked to the people a lot and knew them well, but didn't know them for long. I feel like they kind of tried to move things along at an incredibly fast pace, and I went along with it. Recently I've met someone new, and I'm noticing the same trend, they're texting me every day after meeting in person once, pushing to meet again, and while I'm interested in getting to know them more, I'm trying to slow down the pace. The problem it doesn't feel natural. Like I worry if I push it off too long we'll lose attraction, and it just kind of feels arbitrary to slow things down. But if I text them all day everyday and know everything there is to know about them in a month, I feel like that's a bad thing. It's weird because I'm trying to keep attraction there but also make sure I don't get swept up in my feelings and get in too deep with someone who might not be right for me before I realize it. I don't want to be pushed into something by someone who is just desperate for a relationship with anyone. Advice?

submitted by /u/noprideinsomniac95
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2Sxrm0p
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages