Is it time to let go? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, July 1, 2019

Is it time to let go?

I (21F) have been talking to this pretty incredible dude (22M) for going on 3 months now. Things started off absolutely amazing for about a month and a half. We texted morning to night about anything and everything, we had deep conversations when we hung out, he made me feel so wanted and so important to him. We built a slight friendship before things ever turned romantic. And that part was special to me. Everything just seemed so right. He was sweet with his words and even sweeter with his actions. I know it was only a month and a half in at this point but my mind was starting to think this could be the one.

Then over the course of about two weeks, things changed. He stopped reaching out to hangout, he stopped texting me all day long, his snaps were few and far between. I was no longer getting the compliments and care, only giving. After about two weeks of this I decided to ask him about it. I was confused to say the least and trying to figure out what changed or where it went wrong. I knew right around that time he got busier with work, but nothing that wasn’t work around-able.

His response was pretty reassuring. He apologized and said the past couple of weeks were on him he just gets in these funks and doesn’t really talk to anyone during them but he thinks I am so great and loves spending time with me. I thought okay so maybe he is just busier now but you’ve built something up enough you don’t need to text and see each other constantly to know he is still there.

It’s been a week since this conversation. Things have gotten.... SLIGHTLY better. But not much. I asked him what he was doing tonight as I don’t work and his answer was that he feels dead (he was out all day with family). There have been many chances to hangout since that conversation and none of them have been asked. He’s still not texting me unless I text him first and even then he will be the first to not respond.

I will be the first to say I get attached to things to easily, even things that barely give me a reason to. So with this actually showing potential in the beginning, I quickly started to get attached. I am now realizing maybe I have been hanging on to hope the past few weeks of him “just being busy” that isn’t exactly there. I would rather him be straight up with me and say I’m not looking for a relationship or this is bad timing or whatever is going on, but the last time I did ask he took the blame and said no everything is good I’m just busy. My heart hurts and I want to be with him, as he truly is such an amazing guy regardless of where this goes. I will always vouch for him on that. I was shocked I even got a chance with him as he seems out of my league. Feeling like I just wish I had the truth even if it were painful at this point.

submitted by /u/kfell10
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2FLXglo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages