Never tell a girl that you like poodles!! - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Never tell a girl that you like poodles!!

I can't help but noticing that girls always seem to lose interest after I bring up my passion for animals. Yes, I know that you think that sounds odd because "all girls love animals", thus a man with affinity for animals should (in theory) be a plus.

Meh.

My background: I somewhat grew up in a dog kennel (mom runs a kennel consisting of only poodles) so I naturally have a strong affinity to dogs. In addition, we had horses that I would ride in the forrest on occasions.

When I'm in the very early stages of dating and I talk about e.g. how animals (poodles in particular) constitute a great meaning to my life, the girl usually proceeds to "ghost" me. Sometimes pretty immediately, sometimes gradually.

Girls are often quick to announce that they LOVE animals, but I also notice that those women have very little understanding of animals and how to properly interact with them (men aren't much better btw). This makes me question how real this "love" for animals truly is. If love is a strong passion, shouldn't that passion manifest in an interest of learning? (For those of you thinking it: I refrain from using words like "love" when referring to animals, so I doubt the issue is that I'm coming off as that kind of creepy.)

This is becoming more long-winded that I intended so I'll try to be short: I've been dating a girl for a year (yeah, I know!) and today we talked about what kind of dogs we would own. I told her "exclusively poodles" and she proceeded to criticize poodles as "dolled up and fragile breeds". This spurred an argument in which I responded that it's unfair to judge a whole breed on the basis of the type of people who tends to own them, how they groom them, etc.

She broke up with me.

submitted by /u/cold3dg3
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2YxEt82
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages