“But if he’s a virgin, don’t date him.” - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, May 31, 2019

“But if he’s a virgin, don’t date him.”

What my friend just told me. I’m puzzled.

I’m genuinely curious of why being sexually experienced should be one of the important boxes to be ticked. And why generally virgins are being painted in a bad light.

I’m a virgin myself although to my friend I don’t come across as one. So this remark made me really uncomfortable and stirred a wave of self-doubt. Does this mean I’m undesirable? Unattractive? This isn’t the first time I’ve heard such comments. I’ve considered to just have some casual sex to get it over with.

Help me understand please.

Edit: Thank you guys for all the kind words and explanation. Some very interesting POVs that I never considered before. I’m a virgin because personally I need to be emotionally connected with a person before I can get intimate physically but unfortunately have yet to meet this person. I’ve had guys relentlessly pursuing me for ONS or to become FWB but it didn’t feel right. Until I met this guy that my friend was commenting on. He’s genuine, nice, smart, matches my effort, gives me time and incredibly sweet; which is also why I’m very taken aback by my friend’s comment. I’ll not overthink this, and just go with the flow. And most importantly I will continue to date him for who he is... as long as I like him. Sending love to all of you too for making me feel better! 🖤

submitted by /u/cynicflowerchild
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2JPS3wO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages