When should you tell a new person you have kids? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

When should you tell a new person you have kids?

A couple of weeks ago I met someone and we really hit it off. We hung out a couple times, and then he took me out on a real date twice before he had to leave for a 3-week long work trip overseas.

The thing is he never mentioned he has kids. Granted, I didn't ask either, but I guess it makes sense seeing as he's in his mid-30s. I found out yesterday when he popped up as a suggested friend on social media.

Is it a massive red flag that he didn't tell me? Looking back at our dates, he had plenty of opportunities since there were many times we were around children (we attended several end of summer festivities). I also should have asked, but for some reason it never crossed my mind.

I'm conflicted because I feel like that's information you tell someone from the start, but at the same time, I'm thinking if I were a parent, it should be up to me when I want to tell someone new (without dragging it out, of course, and not if I knew the other person doesn't want to date someone with kids). I also kinda feel like I now know something he doesn't know I know about, and I feel kinda guilty and wish he could have told me in his own time. Then again, it also explains a lot so I'm kinda relieved finding out.

How do I approach this? I was in an almost 8-yr long relationship that ended earlier this year, so I don't really know what the dating etiquette is anymore. Should I bring it up when he comes back from his work trip? How do I bring it up? Or do I just sit and observe and wait for him to tell me?

If it matters, from what I gather, the kids live with their mom in the other side of the country. She and him have never been married and are no longer together. That's why I never saw any indications at his house that he has a whole son and daughter walking around lol.

Thanks everyone.

submitted by /u/udonlady
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2MV0oAH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages