Fear of abusive relationships - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Fear of abusive relationships

So I (22F) have been seeing this guy (22M) for the past few weeks and I really like him. He’s sweet and fun and has a calm energy. I genuinely like being around him. But I can’t get myself to fully dive into being with him because I’m scared that maybe one day he’ll become abusive.

I have this tendency where if I even see a hint of a red flag I stop talking to a guy romantically. If he seems controlling or angry or wants to move too fast, then that’s enough for me to get out. The dude I’m seeing now hasn’t shown any of that, but I still can’t help being scared that at any moment things can change.

I grew up with a father who was abusive, and I just don’t want to go through that myself, you know? So I guess I’m asking if I’m being dumb or smart by being cautious and not committing because of this fear?

submitted by /u/FakeLife987
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2qpQYDz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages