I’m really down today and I need your help :( - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, October 19, 2019

I’m really down today and I need your help :(

I feel so lonely because I can’t make new friends and because I don’t have a social circle/life. I’m so upset, frustrated, and hopeless. I really want to meet new people but I’m not going to talk to random strangers. I find the conversations just awkward and they often end after a couple of minutes and I also find it desperate because I’m acting out of character. I shouldn’t feel pushed to meet new people by going to the library or wherever just so I can small talk with someone.

I’m not going to say I know how online dating works but for men I think it’s awful. I’ve had a handle full of matches after months of having Tinder and not one person responded to me. I don’t if this true for most girls but my friend who is currently using Tinder is unrealistic about who she swipes right on. She’s literally said “5’9 is too short. I’m looking for someone 6’. I can’t make this stuff up people. You can also go to r/tinder and search data. People have swiped too many times—it’s not the precedent I want to set for myself to meet new people or to date. Sorry that’s just not healthy for me.

Preferably I would like to meet people outside at a party. To be honest I really don’t know how else I would like to meet new people. I just think I’m a boring person overall. I like to run, play chess and video games, and read about random stuff. That’s about it. Places aside, the people I would like to get to know, are people who have the same perspectives and values that I have in life. Maybe even experiences. So interests and hobbies aren’t really that important to me as that is.

I feel like I’m in a rut, people. Everyday I feel, not a metaphorical urge, but a literal urge to talk to people and enjoy my time with them. It has been wearing me down a lot lately.

I get along with most people the problem is really not that. It’s that I don’t know how to put myself in the right places. There are clubs at my school and most are professional, frat/sorority, or cultural clubs. I’m not interested in those. The remaining few unfortunately don’t spark my interest either. Would have loved to join the chess club but it doesn’t exist.

People have said you can meet new people at your job or through other people. To me, both are a good strategy. I’m excited to graduate for this reason. For the time being how can I bring myself out of sadness and how can new people with the above considered? Thanks guys and gals :)

submitted by /u/feelingwheezy
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2VXmjsJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages