Am I a bad person for not wanting to put my life on hold? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Am I a bad person for not wanting to put my life on hold?

I (26f) have been with my boyfriend (28m) for 11 years. I am at the stage in my life where I want to reach my goals. Some goals include saving/buying a house and having kids. Unfortunately this is not possible due to his finances. He would not be able to start saving until his debts are paid off, which will take the next 4-5years. I was fortunate to save money, and he believes I should help pay off all his debt so we could start saving together. I have always been independent with my money which makes him say that I'm selfish for not wanting to help.

It would take him 4-5years to pay off his debt, and the remainder years to build a savings. He would be starting from scratch. I understand he is doing everything he can, but I dont think I should put my life on hold.

Does this make me a bad person ?

submitted by /u/basicvanillabean
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2QPizHK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages