Why say you had a great time and suggest a second date if you don’t mean it? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Why say you had a great time and suggest a second date if you don’t mean it?

I (24F) went out with a guy (26M) who I was very excited about. We had been texting for a couple weeks before he asked me out. We had the date/restaurant picked and that morning, he said something came up with work and apologetically asked to reschedule for the next day. Fine, no big deal. The next day comes, we meet for dinner and I really enjoyed the company! We were there for nearly 3 hours, there was never a dull moment, and he brought up things he wanted to do this summer (zoo, a specific movie), restaurants in his neighborhood he said I’d love, etc. I took this as him trying to feel me out in if I’d want to hang out again and I definitely expressed my interest. At the end of dinner we hugged (I’m a slow mover after a past relationship) and he said he had a wonderful time, would love to get together again, and to text me when I made it home. I text him thanking him for a great evening and said again that I’d like to see him again. We both had out of town plans for the weekend and didn’t talk any so I sent him a text Monday evening asking about his weekend. We resumed conversation as normal for a few days but it fizzled out and I haven’t heard back since. It’s been two weeks.

What’s the point in bringing up date-like activities with your date, complimenting your date multiple times, expressing you had a great time, and suggesting you do it again if you actually don’t want to see the person again? I understand being kind if you’re not interested, but there was nothing about the date or his words/actions that made me think he wasn’t interested. He even said that he’d been on one other date in the past year and told her that night he wasn’t interested. Why is dating so hard?!

submitted by /u/wingsandvodka
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2umfK5y
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages