Approaching a guy at the gym? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Approaching a guy at the gym?

Wow, I’ve never made a post on here. Here it goes.

For over a year, I’ve noticed a guy at my gym. He usually comes at 6 am like I do, as there is only about 10 regular 6 am people, I’d like to see us all as this nonverbal family.

Anyways, over the summer I started sleeping in more and hadn’t seen him. Alas, work season has started and I’m back to seeing this guy at 6 am.

I strongly avoid eye contact any time it happens. I do believe from his side I appear either rude or uninterested.

I have not yet approached him and am debating if it’s worthwhile for several reasons.

(1) He’s always with his friend, usually deep in conversation between sets. Another guy makes it much more intimidating for me (2) This is my gym, and it is a small gym. If it is an awkward encounter and things don’t go well... I don’t want to jeopardize my 6 am gym time which is my sanctuary and safe space. (3) I go to the gym makeup free and clothes that show every flab and imperfection. As such my confidence at gym isn’t super high, I feel very intimated and uncomfortable. (4) Gym is not an optimal place to approach others. People go to workout. It is not a meat market of any kind, (5) He hasn’t approached me, and I don’t have a way to gauge if he would be interested. I had a trainer for a bit, she said I have a chance but not sure if that was just false confidence.

It’s been over a year... I’ve really liked this guy, I have never thought to be so vain, but I’m wondering if I should just let it go? I need a strategy.

I have talked to him once (just over a week ago). But it was awkward. I just stood behind him until he noticed me and asked to use a machine he was using that I needed. He was sweet. But I do believe I came across as rude because I’m so awkward.

Now I’m hoping Reddit can be my sanctuary. Any advice would be appreciated

submitted by /u/cosmosis0
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2LQ38xG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages