Anyone else? Is attempting dating worth it? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Anyone else? Is attempting dating worth it?

I (25F) have been in three short-lived (3-6 month) relationships in the past, but have not dated in 4-5 years due to focusing on school, jobs, etc. Besides being fat with only a tolerable face, I feel like I have a fair amount going for me--I'm a homeowner, I know how to work hard and don't mind getting dirty, can use power tools, can operate equipment like tractors and skid steers, I'm an intellectual currently working on a PhD in a STEM field, I have a good sense of humor in a witty and sarcastic type of way, am a decent cook and baker, etc.

However, I am perhaps too independent at times and an INFJ which strong introversion--going out to crowded places is not my thing and that makes me seem like a boring individual (maybe I am?). I have very little to no interest in sex; I could go the rest of my life never having sex and be 100% content. I also never want to have kids of my own, for various reasons, but would consider compromising with adoption for the right person.

I don't need a relationship to be content with my life, but at the same time I do crave companionship and intimacy (not sexual intimacy) for the long-haul of life. I have given up on dating in recent years mostly to focus on myself, but also I've begun to believe there are not men in existence who would be interested in this type of relationship.

So people of reddit, anyone else feel this way, and if so, any luck? Do these men exist? Is it worth continuing to endure the torment of today's dating world in hopes of finding the right person?

submitted by /u/ugly_smart
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/32TXlNB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages