Best tips for revealing former life of poverty? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Best tips for revealing former life of poverty?

I broke out of poverty and just graduated with my Master's. I just started working a decent career and I am finally working and paying for things I couldn't afford before (working vehicle, dental, skin care, quality food, etc). So I'm in the very beginning of transitioning to middle class, but it will be a few years.

I started talking to this very humble girl that comes from money. She has an excellent work ethic, does not appear to have grandiose taste, but I did not know till the 3rd date where I saw where she lived that her family is wealthy. (Her career doesn't match the ability to afford her high end car and pricey items in her apartment).

She also began to start using vacationing as a verb and asks me to go on weekend trips with her out of the city or to concerts/events I can not afford at the pace she can.

I don't want to just tell her I can't afford these things plain and simple. I feel like I need to explain my family and why I can't afford these things yet. Like I want to show her where I came from, which I've hidden from past relationships, from shame. I know she won't judge me and will probably like me more for being honest,

But how do I deal with the after? I know she may not feel good about me paying for both of our meals anymore (I can afford that no prob) or movie tickets or whatever. I can see her start offering to pay for lots of things all the way to paying for our vacation. I don't want to transition this good thing into her bankrolling our fun all the time. I also have trouble accepting handouts and things..

Just looking on advice from anyone maybe that has dated rich after a life of poverty and how to deal with this change without self-sabotaging?

submitted by /u/FictionalBible
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2OpAZ2c
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages