Did me (23F) feeding this guy (23M) make him interested in me? Or am I over thinking it? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, October 7, 2019

Did me (23F) feeding this guy (23M) make him interested in me? Or am I over thinking it?

Okay so there is this guy (23M) at work, we're the same age but I technically can't date him even if I wanted to for the next month (I'm currently in a position of power over him because he's a student at a university where I work, so while it's not illegal it's definitely a conflict of interest, but I've already sent in a notice for reasons unrelated to him).

Anyway, when I first met this guy I LOATHED his existence. I do find him very physically attractive, but he makes things around the office complicated and 10x more difficult than they need to be, so I spend a lot of time just avoiding him and passing anything related to him off to other colleagues. Which worked out fine because even when he came to chat with us during our lunch break he would talk to everyone directly except for me.

Then a few weeks ago he came into my office looking haggard and asking if I had anything sweet to eat but I didn't and told him no. He then saw one of my colleagues eating a bit of chocolate and asked her for the last bit of it then went to lay down on a couch. At that point I began to think that maybe something was medically wrong with him and got worried. So I stepped out of the office for a bit and bought him some candy hoping it would help the situation.

After that things took a 180, he started making small talk at every opportunity whenever he saw me, but having an ASD (I have asperger's) makes responding to small talk really difficult for me so it usually just results in me making close ended responses that don't really further the conversation. I pretty much chalked his new found friendliness up to gratitude for an act of kindness and left it at that.

But then early last week he came to collect a book and followed me into the small room off to the side where it was kept and made small talk (previously whenever he came to collect books he would wait out in the sitting area and he still continues to do so whenever anyone else in the office is retrieving one for him), then later in the week he borrowed a scissors off of the desk in the office, and when he came to return it he seemed pretty fine until I stretched out my hand to collect if from him. His hand started to shake and he fumbled and nearly dropped it then started to blush before hurrying away. I'm not sure if that was a sign of nervousness or just embarrassment. Then just earlier today he saw a console I take to work on my desk and asked to check it out while talking about how much it reminds him of playing games when he was younger, but the thing is I take it to work daily and he's seen my playing on it a million times before today and never openly seemed to care.

So now I'm just kind of confused, I can't tell if he's just being friendly or of he's trying to show interest.

submitted by /u/ozzybozy
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/311dGOY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages