Do I have to change my voice to sound more attractive? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, August 9, 2019

Do I have to change my voice to sound more attractive?

I recently read Models by Mark Manson and found it overall helpful and insightful, but I did have a few concerns with some of his advice.

In one part, he recommends consciously changing your vocal tonality. More specifically, rather than speaking from the "head" where it's breathy and higher-pitched, he suggests speaking from the "chest" where it's lower-pitched.

This bit got me insecure about my own voice. People often assume I'm younger and/or gay partly due to the way I look and sound. I know I don't have the manliest voice as a 24m and I sometimes get teased by my online friends, but I've largely accepted this is just the way I am and learned to live with it.

But if one's voice can be actively changed, and people prefer it, is it worth pursuing? I'm worried/overreacting because speaking has always been my primary means of personal expression, so changing my voice would feel like I'm metaphorically changing who I am.

Am I overthinking this? Do girls really care about the tonality of a guy's voice? People who have consciously changed their voice, was it a big deal/what social effects did you notice?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/SincerelyEarnest
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2YDmDBI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages