Please don’t use a photo that looks like a mugshot, especially for your first photo. - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Please don’t use a photo that looks like a mugshot, especially for your first photo.

Cuffing season is in full force. For the first time in months, I’m getting multiple notifications a day from Hinge, and I’m assuming it would be the same situation on any of the swiping apps. It’s not that I’m sO gReAt; I think this time of year just makes people crave intimacy (or at least a date to the company Christmas party).

One thing I’m seeing over and over again is what I consider the “mugshot” photo. It’s a terrible selfie, usually taken in a car or bathroom with the worst quality ever (maybe even potato-quality). The eyes are dead and the mouth is a straight line.

My dudes. This image at best will illicit an instinctual shudder, and at worst an audible “ahh!” Halloween is over. Please stop looking so scary.

I keep seeing this used as the first photo. Even if the other photos are fine, I can only see those hollow fish eyes from the first impression, chillingly echoing into my soul.

It’s not great.

Anyway, I wanted to share since this truly is a good season for pairing up. Just don’t evoke the specter of murder (unless that’s what you’re going for). Please.

submitted by /u/candidburrito
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2WBBTL2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages