When is a good time to approach the “what are we?” Question and how do I do it? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, August 9, 2019

When is a good time to approach the “what are we?” Question and how do I do it?

warning: long post

So I (26F) met this guy(35M) out one night which happened to be the day after me and my ex had broken up (he doesn’t know that). My best friend wanted to take me out for dinner and drinks to cheer me up and he approached me the second I walked in the door of this restaurant. All three of us ended up spending the rest of the night together going to other different restaurants and bars we all got pretty drunk and I felt over stimulated by everything that was happening and me and my friend went home. Since then I and that guy have been texting back and fourth everyday since we met. He asked me out a few times but I always made an excuse because I wasn’t ready to jump back into dating yet not to say I was extremely emotionally traumatized because my ex was very emotionally abusive so it took me awhile to start feeling confident again and rebuild my self esteem. This guy basically has been chasing me since we met and remembers every single thing I tell him including all the things and food I love, what kind of beers are my favourite, all the books I like reading all my hobbies etc. Moving forward to July I ended up having a big birthday party and invited him to it and he was the only person that got me a gift and it was something relating to something I mentioned months back through conversation that he remembered. This kind of made me think “maybe I should jump back in and give him a chance” so since my birthday we’ve gone on several outings I say outings because it’s hard for me to say date because he has shown no indication of him actually liking me romantically. Yes, we talk every day yes, we hang out, we go to dinners and movies, we hang out with his friends and/or my friends he always pays for everything even though I always try he never lets me pay, but he’s never shown any kind of affection or anything. I don’t know if he’s just shy or just isn’t into the PDA thing or even if he likes me romantically... I’m a bit inexperienced when it comes to dating I’ve been in two big relationships which consumed a lot of my years so I never was on the dating field much. And both of my ex’s were very verbal with their feelings and feelings towards me right away so this is a completely new experience to me. Also one thing I should add is that we have not had sex and he has never made me feel pressure to have sex with him like I had with my ex’s which is also a reason I am confused. He grew up in Europe so I don’t know if the culture is different for him and that he is just trying to take things slow, or trying to be respectful or what he’s thinking. We met in September 2018 and only started going on dates in July. If anyone could shed some insight or what I should do in the situation that would be great :)

submitted by /u/misunderstoodgeisha
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2Tmwrdl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages