Dating without (much) texting - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, October 14, 2024

Dating without (much) texting

Over the past few years, I (24M) have had dates with a couple of women, but they didn't grow into a deeper relationship. One potential contributing factor: I don't text, really.

I text to the extent where I respond to meet up and plan activities, and sometimes a few exchanges of conversation, but for the remainder of my time I like to spend time with people in real life. Texting gives me no pleasure, especially sitting hours on end having texting conversations. I'm not really much of a caller either. And sometimes I take longer to respond because I'm engaged in other stuff.

I have given a description of myself that makes it apparent I'm a bad person to date, if texting as a form of communication in a relationship is something you value.

The thing is, I'm not cut out for a world where texting seems such an ingrained part of the dating experience. Where the amount of constant attention you give each other is a sign of how much you're into each other. It seems that because it's so easy to be in contact, you have to be.

I know that a part of the advice would be about 'finding the right girl who shares a similar preference to communication'. I'm just curious about your take on this topic. What have been the effects of texting on dating? And to what degree do I have to change my texting behavior if I want a shot at growing close to someone I date?

submitted by /u/RobbeRNL
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/jJdyKkg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages