Not sure what to do. - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Not sure what to do.

(Vent/rant) (28 M) Before I get into it, I just wanna say that I am very grateful for where I am in life. I couldn’t be happier with my achievements, financial situation, and job situation. Just am frustrated with my luck In dating. I’m a conservative and Christian individual. I also am a mechanical engineer so maybe there is someone else out there like me having this issue.

I’m simply in a rut right now. I don’t have any luck with dating apps anymore (I realize they are scams) and any in person connection I have just fizzles out or flakes. The other weekend I hit it off with a girl at a wedding and we talked for a solid 10-20 minutes and ended up getting her number. Even got a slow dance with her before the night ended. A week later, I have sent her a total of 2 texts and got no response. She has read receipts on and she hasn’t read the 2 texts after the first one I sent so she very likely is ghosting me. The one thing that likely turned her off was that we live in different states (8-9 hour distance I think?) but even then, I figured she would at least be courteous and respond to my texts telling me that. That practically is the story of me trying to find a girlfriend for the last 3-4 ish years. I don’t know if it’s something I’m doing wrong but it feels like I’m never given a chance before someone really gets to know me. My mantra is that if a man and woman think the other person is worth keeping around then distance wouldn’t matter. They’d find a way to make it work but like I said, I’m not even given a chance to where we could get to that point.

Part of my issue is where I live. I live in a smaller town and people my age simply don’t want to live here. There are no women around me. I want to move to a bigger city but I will not do that until I find another job. Being a mechanical engineer, the job market is absolutely terrible right now and I am simply burnt out after looking for a job for over a year and a half.

Some days, I just think it’s not meant with to be with finding a woman but I don’t want to give up. At that point, I’d only have my self to blame.

submitted by /u/Demolisher_44
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/WHtuASI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages