How do you know when it’s time to give up on your relationship? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, October 24, 2020

How do you know when it’s time to give up on your relationship?

My BF and I have been dating 5 years. We are both 21 now. We live together. My issues with him have started Jan 2020. He is a computer engineering student and just really got burnt out. Super understandable. He would go to class 8-1, work 2-6 M-F and then come home and have to get back into school mode to do all his homework. Saturday he worked 8-6. Everyone gets burnt out sometimes so I tried to understand and was understanding I think for the first 2 months. Except he basically stopped doing school work, attending classes and would repeatably call into work. He also would plan to turn work in late. He would sleep till 1 o’clock, and play video games till like 3-4 am almost everyday.

Then the pandemic happened and he no longer had to go to work or class. He still choose not to do anything or complete his assignments. But constantly complain about he is scared to fail. I started to become less patient with him. I don’t want to hear your complaints if your literally not gonna do anything to fix it. My school did Credit or no credit since the pandemic and that’s what saved his GPA. He has to repeat 3 out of the 5 classes he was enrolled in.

In the summer he had an internship and things seemed better. School starts again August and he is not working, classes are online but he is still repeating the same behaviors and now every little thing is making me angry. He stays up till 4 am, I got to get up for work at 6:30 so it is like he doesn’t sleep with me anymore. He doesn’t help around the house unless you ask him consistently. He will not go grocery shopping with me, or out to get stuff. If he agrees he either won’t wake up at a reasonable time or complain until you don’t even want him to go. And the smallest but most infuriating thing is he always asks me to roll blunts even though he knows I hate rolling and told to stop asking. I don’t ask him to do it and it pisses me off cause I’ll come home after a 8-9 hour shift and the first thing he will do is ask me to do that when hasn’t done anything all day. Or I’ll be cooking and he will ask me to roll one before the food is ready like he just isn’t playing video games. He gets irritated when I always say no but I’m irritated he isn’t doing shit and keep asking. I don’t feel like he talks to me as much anymore either. I know depression and stuff if a real thing and I want to be sympathetic but I need someone to tell me what’s the breaking point? How long should I wait to see if it will get better? I have expressed my concerns and we have fought so much over these things. And money is not an issue or discussion in play. I work and he has scholarship refund money so bills are equally paid.

submitted by /u/Anniesparkleqofworld
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2G2xTzq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages