Is it common for men to automatically assume that a woman isn't interested? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Is it common for men to automatically assume that a woman isn't interested?

I don't know if I just give off a particularly aloof vibe or something but it seems like guys often seem to take things personally/think I'm blowing them off very easily. For reference I mostly date from dating apps/have had a lot of first dates.

For example, one time after drinks I was starting to make out with the guy at his place but then I suddenly started feeling super nauseous. I was just hanging out in the bathroom for a 1/2 hour trying my best not to throw up. I was starting to feel a tiny bit better and asked if we could just sit on his bed and chat while I recovered and I guess he thought I was just trying to get out of kissing him or something (which was not the case, just bad timing) and he suddenly seemed bitter/offended and said "alright, I'm sorry but I'm kicking you out" instead of making sure I was okay, taking it slow, etc. Even though he had been a gentleman before, he turned on a dime and I guess took me feeling sick as a personal slight.

With another guy during a lunch date I knew my parking meter was running out of time because it only had a 1 hour limit so I asked if I could repark and that I'd be right back. He seemed a bit peeved at this as I was leaving. When I came back literally just 3 minutes later he was literally like, phew that didn't take too long, I thought you were just gonna leave. And I was just like really?? Similar thing happened when I had drinks with another guy and said I had to get going because the parking garage was closing soon and he also seemed salty and was like "I see. Someone is NOT getting a parking ticket tonight, huh?" Even though we had already been talking for 2 hours and having a good time. I actually liked him and wasn't blowing him off or anything, just leaving on a high note and literally needing to get back to my car.

Most recently I went on a first date where we got drinks and then to the park, and he asked if I wanted him to drive us anywhere to extend the date. I wasn't comfortable having him drive me so soon after meeting me and also we could just use that as another date idea in the future, so I said "maybe we could save it for next time." And literally under his breath he's just like "I guess someone doesn't wanna go anywhere" and that just totally killed any mood that there was. I'm not sure why a normal response from him like "sounds good, no problem" wouldn't have sufficed.

Do a lot of men just automatically assume women are blowing them off (even if it's a totally harmless reason)? Or is it perhaps more something to do with me/a vibe I give off since it seems to happen to me so often? I just don't understand why I never seem to be given the benefit of the doubt in these kinds of situations.

submitted by /u/cowgurl12
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/3miaB83
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages