Has anyone had a dating app date hide a noticeable physical condition in their photos? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Has anyone had a dating app date hide a noticeable physical condition in their photos?

A few months ago I went on a Hinge date with a guy I’d talked to for over two weeks. When we met, I realised he had a very noticeable eye misalignment - one eye would look straight ahead while the other turned quite far outward. I was genuinely surprised because there was absolutely no indication of it in his profile or in all the time we’d been talking.

When I eventually asked about it, he acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about. I had to explain several times, eventually saying “one eye is looking at me and the other is looking over there,” and he was STILL asking which eye. After about a minute, he finally said it was from an accident and gets worse when he’s tired.

Afterwards I realised almost all his profile pictures either had sunglasses or hid his eyes. The few where both were visible happened to make them look aligned.

He’d also repeatedly pushed for an outdoor first date - walks, beach, even a hiking day trip - which I had declined. It only occurred to me afterwards that he could’ve naturally kept his sunglasses on outside. Obviously I can’t know if that was intentional, but combined with the photos it did make me wonder.

Months later I just came across his profile again. It’s basically unchanged, except one photo has been replaced with…** **another sunglasses photo.

The condition itself isn’t my issue. I just feel your profile should reasonably represent what you actually look like.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Did you feel misled?

submitted by /u/Important_Formal_739
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/z2IiGNa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages