Psychologists of Reddit. How can I heal and become a better person? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Psychologists of Reddit. How can I heal and become a better person?

Earlier this year I was dating someone for around 5 months… we had an amicable breakup (or at least I thought) but at some point she was clear she was extremely upset and didn’t want to stay in touch. I respected that until yesterday when I texted her again.

During this time, I’ve looked deep into what I did during the relationship and decided to text her to saw how sorry I was because of how I treated her (and other situations where I acted/reacted poorly). She agreed with me that I was indeed not the best partner and that with her relationship with me, she learned what she actually wants (she didn’t specify what that was).

After that, I looked back into my last 3 or 4 relationships and found out that none of them talk to me anymore and I actually hurt people. Every relationship I’ve ever had, I end up sabotaging it and making my partners cry one or multiple times and hating me in the end.

I don’t want to do this anymore… I keep myself away from dating apps because I don’t want to hurt more people… I’m afraid I’ll do the same over and over and over again… I got to think that if they’re asked: who was your worst experience? They will just point at me and say: that guy! And it depresses me, I feel horrible and would like to “fix” myself.

I don’t know what to do…

submitted by /u/1stEngine
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/PHBkqao
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages