Ladies of Reddit, Why would you possibly ghost a man after a perfect date? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Ladies of Reddit, Why would you possibly ghost a man after a perfect date?

I am 26 yo man, pretty successful academically and professionally. I give a lot of attention to my career and life in general. I'm also an average looking guy, no height issue so it's not that difficult for me to pick up girls. The problem is, I cannot find a partner, a "wife material" girl. Most of the dates or relationships I had lately lead basically nowhere, either because the other part wanted something not serious or we just end up losing interest.

My latest experience was 2 week ago. I met this girl on Instagram, she lived nearby. We talked for about a week and we actually hit it off pretty well. She was pretty fun and she also seemed to care about her own career and ambitions. She was also looking for a long-term relationship. I asked her out for a dinner, she agreed without hesitation. I organised a pretty fun date, brought her flowers and threw some compliments here and there. The date went pretty well and we ended up grabbing some drinks afterwards. She seemed to like the whole thing and she actually tried to kiss me, but I refused because I still do not know her enough (I generally avoid doing anything intimate on the first date, for me it's just an opportunity to get to know each other). I explained that to her and she seemed to like it. After spending around 6 hours together, I dropped her off and I said we should do this again and she seemed pretty enthusiastic about the idea.

The day afterwards however she stopped replying to any of my texts. I sent another the day after just to check if she was alright, but the same thing.
I obviously stopped texting her after that, but I know that she read the texts. I won't bother reaching out again.

The thing that I struggle to understand is why? I am not heartbroken about her ghosting me (she did not even have the decency to say it), but I deeply regret wasting my time on all of these dates that lead nowhere. I was never ghosted before and for the last week or so I could not stop overthinking about the reason someone would do that to me after a pretty successful night.

Is it maybe something wrong I did like refusing to kiss her? Maybe I went too overboard for a first date with the romance? Please let me know!

submitted by /u/_AcuteAngle_
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/XlHQq3e
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages