Awkward amounts of time before first dates - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, November 6, 2023

Awkward amounts of time before first dates

So I’ve been running into this situation a good amount in OLD. I’ll match with someone say on a Saturday, we’ll chat for a day or two and try to start planning a date. She’s busy next weekend so we have to plan for the weekend after (I can’t do weekday dates). Now there is a two week period of us talking before we even go on a first date.

The issue for me is this. I don’t enjoy texting with people I hardly know, I find it exhausting most of the time. I much prefer getting to know someone in person or at least over a phone call. After 4-5 days of mostly texting, some calling, I feel like I am just losing things to talk about for the first date. Some of the mystery is gone if we talk for two weeks before meeting up. It feels like I am playing a game trying to keep them interested and not feel neglected before our first date and I hate that feeling.

If it was purely up to me I would set up the date, talk for a little, and then happily see them then. I’ve found that most girls l match with like to talk daily, and I get that it’s a way for them to know I am still interested. If I take too long to respond (1/2 a day) I am usually ghosted. If my enthusiasm for texting daily fizzles out and it shows itself in my lackluster texting, I usually get ghosted. It’s way too taxing & time consuming for me to bring my A game texting (essentially a stranger) day after day for multiple weeks. Once I actually get to know someone this goes away and I actually enjoy texting them.

How should I handle these situations? Should I be upfront that I’m not a big texter, not agree with date plans that far out, or just swallow my distaste?

submitted by /u/thrwawy2498
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/2X93yFa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages