Guy I like has recently got out of LTR - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Guy I like has recently got out of LTR

TLDR Guy I like has recently got out of a relationship and says he is not ready and needs time

M29 was in a LTR for a few years but was already on his way out when he met me F29. We started off as friends and after getting to know each other over 3 months, I started to develop feelings for him and we really hit it off. He broke up and moved to his own place during this time period and I was just there for him as a friend and nothing more. He would get me small gifts here and there, and even things which are quite personalised, always remember things I’ve told him, would make a lot of effort to make me laugh have a good time etc.

After he moved I confessed to him that I had feelings for him, he admitted he has liked me for a while but the timing is just shit. Right person, wrong timing. He doesn’t want me to be a rebound (neither do I) he said he’s not ready to date. He said he needs some time to heal, his relationship sounded pretty toxic. After a few weeks we ended up kissing it was inevitable but didn’t sleep together or anything. After this happened..we realised that things were progressing too fast ( at least for him) so he took a massive step back, I did not chase. I matched his energy and he will now be the one initiating pretty much all the texting. We talk a lot less now but still see each other every single week in a social setting (unavoidable) and will flirt and make each other laugh. People have even asked if we are dating lol. We don’t hang out one on one anymore. He will still text me time to time tell me about his life how he is etc and I will as well but yeah nothing like it used to be. I guess we are just friends atm but it’s hard for me because ofc I still have feelings especially as we’ve known each other for 6 months now. The last time I spoke to him about the situation which was a month ago, he just said he needs time and needs to learn how to be on his own and told me to just focus on myself right now but if I want to hang out I should just ask. He hasn’t suggested anything himself and I don’t really want to be the one chasing tbh especially after what he said. I’ve never been in a situation like this before.

Has anyone been in a scenario like this before? What’s your advice?

submitted by /u/Positive-Turnover-17
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/NY7vVHM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages