I think I have imposter syndrome when it comes to dating and finding love - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, April 22, 2024

I think I have imposter syndrome when it comes to dating and finding love

I’m a 28F and since last year I have been putting myself out there to date for the first time in my life. I am very successful in other areas of my life: career, education, money and housing. The area I am really trying to make a priority in my life is dating. I have a long history of low self esteem, depression and anxiety which prevented from dating for a while. My mental health has gotten significantly better in the past few years due to medication and therapy. However I still deal with imposter syndrome when it comes to dating and finding love. I went on a date today that I felt went well but I’m thinking that I don’t deserve to feel like I’m not “good enough” to be in a relationship with someone. I really try to make a good first impression when I’m dating but whenever I put myself out there, I tend to think I’m not good enough to find a partner or experience love. I tend to also overthink things I do and say on dates because I’m still new to dating and that usually fuels my imposter syndrome. It seems like every time I go on a date with someone, I can home and play back everything I said and did and criticize myself for anything I perceived as being something I did wrong on the date.

submitted by /u/Dry_Reputation5774
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/GoOBml1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages