My (23M) girlfriend (22F) abruptly dumped me and now wants to "talk" about it a day later - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, February 4, 2024

My (23M) girlfriend (22F) abruptly dumped me and now wants to "talk" about it a day later

Title is the situation. I say it was a blindside for me because I did not foresee her wanting to end the relationship. Obviously, it's likely she wasn't communicating her concerns with me and kept all things she disliked to herself.

We dated for roughly 7 months and during that period of time we rarely argued, had a good time, got along very well, work in the same profession, and share similar interests. She never showed a lack of interest in me, so I never got the impression that she wanted out of the relationship at all.She would often talk about how lucky we were to find each other and plan out what we would do in the future together. This is what hurts the most, because I genuinely do feel like she came to a very abrupt and rash decision to end this relationship.

I couldn't tell you if it was because she was cheating on me, if she wants to be single, if she wants to enjoy the full-blown night life, or what else it might be.Literally, it went from last week (6 days ago) she said "I miss you" and "I only want you" to "I need space" and "I think we are better off separate because we are too different." Indeed, this stung really bad when she dropped that on me yesterday. I cried for the first time in a very long time, because I genuinely loved her and connected well with her. It hurts even more because she did it over text. I get not wanting to do it in person (for safety, time efficiency, etc), but at least giving me a call first would have sufficed for me. After asking, we did chat on the phone; I gave a last ditch effort to reconcile, which didn't do anything, of course. I honestly tried to reconcile because I believed her decision was super rash and everything was super unexpected from my point of view.

Anyways, less than 24 hours later she has now offered to "talk" about it over the phone. I genuinely don't know how to respond to her because:

a) I don't know if she's 100% certain with herself right now.

b) I don't have anything else to say that I haven't said.

c) I'm unsure if she's moving on with another guy I didn't know about

d) I trusted this girl a lot; almost to a fault, and now I feel very betrayed. Not that she wanted to break up, but she never once communicated.

I also don't know if me being honest with her is good for either party right now, because I don't have much good to say at the moment.Any suggestions on how to proceed are very appreciated.

tl;dr: LTR broke up with me out of nowhere over text, wants to talk over the phone about it but I don't know how to respond to that request.

edit: formatting

submitted by /u/mrfantasyguru
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice https://ift.tt/y3corfI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages