Dating when disabled... - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Dating when disabled...

Disabled folk, how do you approach this?

I don't 'look disabled' and you'd not be able to tell unless I told you - I'm Autistic with ADHD and depression.

Due to disability I find it very difficult to find work, I'm long-term unemployed - I'm very capable of working and working in a good job at that, but how my disability impacts on me makes it very hard to actually find a job to begin with. I volunteer, also finding work is a priority but I still need social interaction, paid work would solve many problems but my not working isn't a choice or something easily fixed.

This doesn't exactly make me a 'catch', many men I come across are doctors or own their own businesses so obviously not a good match for me, but even with guys in entry level jobs (call center, administration, IT, laborer, etc) I feel like shit having to tell them 'I'm between jobs'. I'm not looking for someone to take care of me, and as long as dates are cheap it's no big deal as I can pay for myself, but they'd still not see me as a catch. Many my age drive and are buying their own homes, while I'm in social housing barely able to afford the bus.

Between being unemployed, autism, and a bad break-up I've no life and no friends - I find it difficult to meet people and make friends, thus dating isn't just about love or sex but also another way to socialize. It's tough finding hobbies or doing interesting things like travelling when not well-off financially and when I've no one to do things with. I try...I went to the gym for a long time, I did burlesque classes, college classes, archery, rock climbing, try to go to gigs or free events when I can, etc. But lack of money always prevents me really getting into anything, depression makes it hard to find new hobbies, and things aren't as much fun on your own.

When first getting to know someone I've not much to talk about, I also imagine it raises alarm bells if someone doesn't have friends. Questions like 'What did you do this weekend?' are almost as bad as 'Where do you work?'

IDK even Hitler had a girlfriend...I've a lot to offer someone, but I'm a monumental loser because of the situation I'm trapped in right now due to my disabilities. When matching with doctors who travel and run marathons in their spare time...I feel like I've no chance of ever finding love.

submitted by /u/Quick_Bath
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2HHPXie
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages