Why does the majority of people get bf/gf easily while I never had a boyfriend? How? - ATX News Paper

ATX News Paper

Today News Paper - Article, Newspaper jobs, Magazine, News Republic, News Corporation company, News bbc, News live, Today's news usa, india, uk more country's breaking news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Why does the majority of people get bf/gf easily while I never had a boyfriend? How?

Update: Wow... I didn't expect that I'd get so many comments. I was only hoping to get some advice or at least someone will tell me what is wrong with me. I did really read every comment. I was able to reply to only few comments. Thank you so very much!

Most of you said relationships require effort and work. Some said I made a bunch of excuses. Hmmm, that makes me sound I'm not really interested in a relationship as I thought. I kinda start to question myself if I REALLY want a relationship or blah. Of course, I would want to date when there is someone zi really like.

I have to put effort into that. To be honest, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Was I supposed to check out or flirt with him basically? I really have no clue. I know I sound very dorky. I don't want to do that a total stranger because it would be weird, right? I prefer getting to know a guy a little bit before I flirt. I only flirted with my fwb and few other guy friends. I guess I should have asked one of my guy friends out before.


I'm 27 and I never had a boyfriend. I used to be very shy, but now I'm more outgoing. If I travelled back in time as a teenager again, I'd do a lot better...

Unfortunately, I'm already out of college so it is much harder to meet new people in my age range. A lot of my friends are in relationships, engaged, or married. They live farther away. Friends nearby me don't know a lot of guys from our age range.

I always wondered what is wrong with me. When I was younger, yes I was shy and I didn't know myself well. Now I'm older and less shy. I know what I want to do with my life. I've become maturer and wiser.

Now nothing seems wrong with me though I tried to figure out what I was missing. I mean I'm well-liked so I was told that I probably don't know a lot of guys well. That means I have to meet more people. Well, I tried to, but I didn't meet any nice guy. The problem is that I wouldn't see them everyday.

If I was still in college, it would be easier because I see them frequently in class or around on the campus. Before you ask me, "But what about your coworkers?" I barely see them. When I see them, most of them are older and married.

I tried dating apps several times, but blah... Some guys were creepy. For example, I remember one guy asked me to join him in the car at night so I declined. He sent me a sad emoji, and I stopped messaging. Also, messaging guys get bored quickly. I lost my interest in the next day, so I talked to another guy. The same pattern happened. It felt like dating apps and messaging guys were chores.

I'd make a first move and ask out a guy I like now, but there isn't anyone I like right now... I'd make a first move when I notice a guy checks me out or he stutters and seems shy when talking to me. Too bad, I'm already out of college. Yes, I did confess my feelings for someone few weeks ago... Actually, it was my FWB. He rejected me. Erm, more like he explained why our relationship wouldn't work out especially because of distance (almost 2 hours to drive). I agreed with him anyway because I was concerned about those things as well. I still felt so much better after telling him how I feel.

It is over now, so right now I do not have any crush. I don't know anyone. Well, I plan on going back to school for Master's, but I'll be taking online classes because I don't want to quit my current job (I love my job) for moving away for school.

It feels like there is no way for me to get a boyfriend and develop a relationship. I always hoped that I'd get married and have children. I'll turn 28 this year. I also attend my friends' weddings for first time this spring. One of them will be cruise wedding vacation. Yes, I'm so beyond excited!!

A lot of people my age are wondering when their SO and they wilk get married. They get stressed over planning a wedding. They are trying to conceive their first child. They are watching how the baby grows in mothers' wombs. Meanwhile I'm wondering if I'll ever find a boyfriend.

It is also awkward that people who are younger than me already have dating experience which I lacked, more sexual experience than I do, more sex partners, and kissed more people. I kissed only one guy and slept with the same guy. I lost my virginity at age of 25 meanwhile others lost theirs during high school or college years.

I'm not even ugly. I dress in regular clothes. Sometimes, I dress in casual professional clothes because of work. I was told that I always know what clothes will look good on me. I also have lovely hair, and I was told that I have a nice smile and my laughter is very contagious. I may not have big breasts or wide hips. My body is the banana shape like a skinny runway model, but I'm much shorter than a skinny runaway model. I'm petite. I'm not complaining. I was just saying my looks are not the problem and it may explain why not many guys did check me out unless I wear revealing outfits, gorgeous dresses for special occasions, or bikini.

I don't know if I'll ever get a boyfriend. I can see myself as the 30's woman who stays in great shape and has everything she wants but is still single and childless. Perhaps, some people will be jealous of me meanwhile I'll be secretly jealous of my friends who are married and have children. They will already have a second child or even a third child. They will probably be already in elementary school!

When I was younger, I always saw myself being married and having a couple children in my 30's. Perhaps, it won't happen so I became more invested in myself.

I would like to have a boyfriend because I like to have companion, travel buddy, and frequent sex. It is also nice to build up the future and start a family together with someone you admire.

It always feels like getting a boyfriend requires a miracle meanwhile everyone else doesn't need a miracle as if getting a boyfriend or girlfriend is normal. Even if they broke up, they always found someone new within somewhere between a week to one year. How did that happen? What's their secret?

submitted by /u/Throwmeaway691218
[link] [comments]

from Dating Advice http://bit.ly/2HN2Ojo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages